Todd A. Schaffer
Mr. Schaffer graduated with distinction from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 2000. He was admitted to the California Bar as well as the US District Court, Eastern District of California in December 2000. Todd’s practice focuses on real property law and construction litigation, including interpretation and enforcement of private and government contracts, mechanics’ liens, stop notices, delay claims and related litigation including bankruptcy matters, construction defect litigation, negotiating design and construction contracts, commercial landlord/tenant disputes, easement disputes, risk management, insurance coverage and insurance bad faith litigation, and judgment enforcement.
Mr. Schaffer represents owners, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and sureties in the resolution of a variety of construction and business litigation matters, through trial, binding arbitration, or mediation. Todd also assists clients in the interpretation of insurance policies and in tendering defense and indemnity obligations to insurers.
- J.D., University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law, with distinction, 2000
- B.S., California State University, Sacramento, 1989
- State Bar of California, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit 2004
Professional Memberships & Associations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Real Property Law Section
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Folsom Chamber of Commerce